Initial symptoms of Stomach cancer are vague, which makes the detection delay to advanced stage of the disease.
Unexplained loss of weight can be the most common symptom. Other symptoms may include:
- Feeling of fullness at stomach after meals
- Actual bloating Up at the stomach after meals
- A constant feeling of nausea
- Heartburn or a burning sensation in the throat and stomach
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Weakness and fatigue
- Passage of black and tarry stools
After physical examination, the doctor may suggest:
- A test to visualize the gastrointestinal tract known as gastroendoscopy
- A test where a solution called barium is to be swallowed and followed by X-rays
- A small piece of the suspected tissue may be removed, this procedure is known as biopsy. Other tests may follow
For cancer of the toad pipe and stomach, the treatment plan may include surgery and chemotherapy and radiation therapy, depending on the stage.