There are certain complex issues with regards, to ovulation and fertilisation, which need to work correctly what is just right. There are some couples who have infertility problems , that are present from birth( congenital) or something that went wrong with the results of infertility.
The causes of infertility can involve either both partners or the individual, it is said that there are cases of infertility which are 1/3 in male and female.
With ovulation problems, infertility seems to be a challenge, and there are some which stop women for releasing eggs,at all, and some cause the egg to be released during some cycles, but not others.
The problems related to infertility:
- (PCOS) known as Polycystic ovary syndrome, a condition where the female finds it hard to conceive, and for an egg to be produced.
- If there is a thyroid problem , either both over active thyroid(hyperthyroidism) and also under-active thyroid (hypothyroidism) which can prevent ovulation.
- Premature ovulation failure, which mean even before the woman turns 40
Womb and fallopian tubes
- The egg that travels from the ovary to the womb, through the fallopian tubes, during this process the egg gets fertilised, and then reaches the womb where it is implanted into the womb’s lining where it continues to grow.
- If the womb or the fallopian tube is damaged,or stops working, this could make it difficult for the person to conceive normally. There are certain factors which are associated.
Scarring from surgery
- If you have undergone pelvic surgery, due to an injury,or scarring of the fallopian tubes, it can be difficult for the women to conceive
- If the women has undergone cervical surgery, which can sometimes cause scarring or shorten the cervix(which is the neck of the womb)
- Another problem that a women could face is cervical mucus defect/when women ovulate, the mucus in the cervix becomes thinner, so that the sperm can swim through it more easily, if the women faces a problem with the mucus, then this become harder for a women to conceive
Submucosal fibroids, can make a woman infertile, nevertheless fibroids are non -cancerous and are found to be benign,(tumours) which grow, in and around the womb, these fibroids, develop in the muscle beneath the inner lining of the womb wall, and grows into the middle of the womb.
It is noted that a woman reduces her chances of , with submucosal fibroids, as they prevent an embryo from implanting itself into your womb.
This is a condition, where there are small pieces of womb lining , known as the endometrium, which grows in other places, this condition causes infertility, due to the new growth from the adhesions known as (a sticky area of tissue or cysts) or (fluid filled sac) which can block or even distort the pelvis, and also the condition which can make it difficult for the egg to be released and become implanted into the womb.
This condition , can cause & also disturb the way of the follicle(known as fluid -filled space in which an egg develops)which helps the egg to mature and releases the egg,
Pelvic inflammatory disease
It is an infection, of the upper female genital tract, which is a part of the womb, and the fallopian tube, together with ovaries which is often a result of a sexually transmitted disease called (STI), which this condition it can damaged or even scar fallopian tubes, making it virtually impossible for the egg to travel down into the womb.
This is considered, when women make a decision to be sterilised, if for various reasons they do not want to have children. This kind of procedure, which involves blocking of the fallopian tube,which then makes it highly impossible for the women to conceive, as it is difficult for an egg to travel to the womb, this procedure cannot be reversed, in vary rare circumstances if this procedure is reversed there is no guarantee, that the women can become fertile again
Medicines and drugs
Another reason, could be side effects from some types of medication and drugs that can affect the chances of fertility, there are a few medicines outlined below
- NSAIDs known as (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), a person who uses these drugs for a long-term or even a high dosage, like ibuprofen, or even aspirin can become difficult to conceive
- Chemotherapy- Medication used during the process of chemotherapy, can also be a cause when a women faces ovarian failure, which mean the ovaries are no longer be able to function properly, which can be permanent
- Neuroleptic, medication , which means medication which is anti-psychotic, often used to treat psychosis, this can also be sometimes the cause of missing menstrual periods, and be a cause of infertility
- Using illegal drugs, like marijuana, cocaine which can seriously damage , and affect fertility making it difficult for the women to ovulate
This is another reason , where women become infertile due age, the biggest problem is when the women crosses the age of 30. Women who are in age group of 35, 95% will get pregnant after a period of 3 years of have regular unprotected sex.