Polycrystic Ovary (Syndrome) Disease (PCOS)
In Polycystic ovary (syndrome) disease (PCOS), under -developed follicles mount up in the ovaries. Follicles are sacs within the ovaries that contain ova. The ova in these follies fail to mature and, there, cannot be released from the ovaries. Instead, they up as cysts in the ovary. Such ovaries are two to five times bigger than normal ovaries, and they a white, thick, tough outer covering. Women are usually diagnosed in their 20s or 30s. This can lead to infertility.
PCOS and Diet
- Try to lose weight
- Space out the carbohydrates during the day
- Avoid those carbohydrates that trigger more hunger or cravings (e.g.refined flour, sugary foods.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of non-caffeine fluid per day.
- Maintain heart’s health by limiting foods high in saturated and trans fats
- Exercise on a regular basis
- Intake of fruits and vegetables at least 5 servings a dy, it will increase the immunity of the body.
Major symptoms of PCOS ( Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease )
- Insulin resistance (problems with blood sugar regulation)
- Acne, oily skin, seborrhea
- Oligomenorrhea or amenorrhea (Primary or secondary)
- Weight gain, difficulties losing weigh, central obesity
- Dysfunctional uterine bleeding (abnormal bleeding patterns at mid cycles)
- Hyper pigmentation on neck and face
- Hirsutism(excess hair growth, usually in a male pattern)
- Anovulation ( lack of ovulation and therefore infertility)
- Male -pattern hair loss and fat deposition
Castor oil is one of the the most essential substances used for treatment of polcystic ovaries. Castor oil is considered to be an excellent fatty acid which helps in dissolving cysts formed in the ovary. It is easily absorbed into the skin, faciliatating muscle relaxation. It also incorporates benefits for the fallopian tunes, lymph vessels, bowls as well as the uterus. You could also use evening primrose oil and fax seeds for effective respite from cardiovascular ailments. Problems related to the heart are often an offshoot of PCOS..